Saturday, March 22, 2014

March Father-Son Camping Trip

I thought I would share a few pictures from my recent father-son camping trip in the Smokies a couple of weeks ago.  I try to do a couple of these trips with Trey each year, and as he gets older I am going to try and do even more of them.  He really enjoys our little trips, as he always has lots of questions about the animals, plants, and rocks...  I try to answer as many of those as I can, but sometimes he asks questions that requires me to do a little research and respond later.  So, in a way we both have an educational experience as well..  I hope you enjoy!

The weather was beautiful
We did a little fishing
Trey caught his first trout on a fly
Spent a little time sitting by the fire
Trey's favorite camping meal - sausage dogs
You can't take a kid camping without smores
We woke up to a chilly 35 degree morning, but Trey didn't complain
Even Trey's animals wanted to be near the fire...
A warm bowl of oatmeal was comforting
Trey enjoying the scenery

Felt like we had the place to ourselves, so nice to not have to deal with the hoards of tourists
Signs of Spring....
The number one sign of Spring I have been waiting for!
I typically avoid Cades Cove like the plague, however this weekend just prior to the start of Spring Break was quite nice.  Crowds were extremely low, and the campgound was not busy at all.  Unfortunately, we did manage to have a couple of large RV's pull in beside us and fire up their generators for hours.  Trey kept walking around saying "I wish they would turn that noise off!  What are they doing over there?".  I had to explain to him that camping means different things to different people, and although we don't camp that way other people do.  Those of you who know me know that I personally don't care for large RV's and despise generators when camping.  In the words of Jase Robertson "Once you bring something with wheels and that's enclosed, you are no longer camping.  You're parking!"  I completely agree!  However, in an attempt to not bias his opinion one way or the other, I tried to keep my opinion out of the discussion.

I hope you enjoyed the photo post, and my next post will be about a South Holston River trout fish camp trip.  Stay tuned!

No comments:


19" Clinch River Brown