Monday, March 22, 2010

Trey's First Fishing Adventure

I was supposed to meet up with a buddy on Friday to fish the Clinch, but some external circumstances prevented me from doing so. Luckily, I managed to wrap those items up earlier than expected, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to take my son fishing and enjoy the mid-afternoon beautiful weather. He is 21 months old, and loves looking at my Flyfisherman magazines, watching people catch "ish" on Saturday's with daddy, and looking at fish pics online. I took him to a little remote park on Melton Hill lake to catch him a bluegill. It didn't take long for him to catch his first fish, and he wanted to participate in the landing, unhooking, and release of the fish. After about 10 minutes he needed to take a rock throwing break, before catching his second fish and heading home. It was so much fun, and I just tried to let him do things that would keep him interested and not bored. I look forward to taking him more as he gets older, as those are some of the fondest memories I have with my dad. Unfortunately those trips are few and far between now. Hopefully one day Trey will pick up the long rod, and I will be able to report on many more father & son trips. Here are a couple pics from the trip.
Trey's First Fish

Patiently Waiting

Trey's Second Fish

"Hep Momma, Hep"

Rock Throwing Break

Casting Practice

No comments:


19" Clinch River Brown