Thursday, June 5, 2008

Baby Trey, Welcome to the World

Yesterday I was introduced to emotions never before imagined. A whole new box of thoughts and feelings was opened that I never knew existed in me. From the day we found out that we were expecting I have been excited. But seeing him emerge, and holding him for the first time, words cannot explain the rush of emotions I felt. I saw a completely innocent little person who I am entrusted to love and care for. A little person who will work my hardest to show love to and show love to his mother. I still think that the greatest gift a father can give to their children is to faithfully love their mother, and I am to fulfill that promise I made. I am up to this entirely new challenge and consider this my most amazing and favorite responsibility in life.

Trey was born at 5:41 pm after 14 hours of labor. My wife, Trey, and I were all exhausted after the long day, but we were so very excited to share this day with friends and family. We are so blessed to have both our families here in Knoxville with us to support us in this time of discovery and wonderful task. I am also blessed to have a job that allows me to have a week off work to assist my wife in her recovery from the C-section. I always have a positive outlook on life, and love to tell people about how good life is. I feel that I am a mile high right now, and don't see any way that things can get any better, and I know that God is due all the glory for this.

My fishing adventures will be on hold for most of the month of June, but I may be able to sneak in a few hours on the Clinch one day after work. In the meantime, I will be enjoying my son and dreaming of all the wonderful days to come.

By thw way, the lifetime sportsmans application is already in progress......


1 comment:

David Knapp said...

Congrats on the baby! Good job with the lifetime sportsman also...I wish someone would have had the forsight to do that for me before I got old enough to make it expensive...


19" Clinch River Brown