Sunday, June 29, 2008

New Camera

I convinced the wife to let me buy my first DSLR to take better quality pictures of the baby, and to feed my need for gadgets. I placed my order yesterday for a Nikon D40 with 18-55mm lens, and I am going to get an additional 50 mm f1.8 lens for portrait specific photos. I also like the depth of field blur I can get with this lens, and I look forward to trying some interesting shots. As much as I would like to take some shots with this camera while on the water, I don't think I will risk it anytime soon. It should be here before this weekend, and I hope to take some shots with it over the long weekend. I will post some photos on here later for constructive comments.

1 comment:

Kellye said...

I'm jealous of your new camera! Maybe closer to the end of the year I can invest in a Canon SLR. It's not only the pictures that make it worth while, but it's the feelings the pictures give that keeps me addicted!


19" Clinch River Brown