Sunday, March 8, 2009

Beautiful Weather

Yesterday Amy, Trey, and I went to Melton Hill dam for the day. We didn't get there until around 1:30, which was just about perfect. The temps were in the 70's and there was a slight breeze blowing. I only spent about 30 minutes fishing, but didn't land anything. I fished in the tailwater for about 20 minutes and in the lake for about 10. I didn't even break out the fly rod, I just used my spinning rod. The day was not about the fishing, but just spending time with Amy and Trey on a beautiful day. I did manage to snap this picture of Trey on his first fishing trip. Well, I guess it doesn't really count, but it was too tempting of a photo op.



Water temps are still a bit low right now for the stripers and white bass. Surprisingly there were not very many fishermen out considering the nice weather. So I guess that is also a sign that it hasn't started heating up yet. However, after this week and a couple days of 60 degree rainfall, things should start to change quickly. As soon as it does, I will be sure to update everybody. This Friday I plan on going to the Clinch, well assuming TVA has a favorable schedule....

No comments:


19" Clinch River Brown