Saturday, May 16, 2009

Troutfest Tomorrow

Well, tomorrow is the big day. I am scheduled to be tying at Troutfest tomorrow from 1:00 till 5:00. However, I plan on getting there around 11:30 to look around and get my stuff set up. Also looking at the recent poll, it appears the majority of you out there would like to see me tie either a stripper midge or a woolly bugger. I definitely plan on tying those patterns as well as some of the others on the poll. I am somewhat surprised by the woolly bugger since it is a reasonably well known pattern. On the other hand I did expect to see the stripper midge near the top of the list. This is an absolutely phenomenal pattern on the South Holston River when you can't get the fish to take any typical sulfur fare.

I hope some of you were able to make it to Troutfest at some point this weekend, and I look forward to seeing all the positive ways this benefit is used to improve the fishing in the Smokies.

2 comments:

Matthew Timbs said...

Hey, thanks for tying today at T.F. and thanks for putting up with my dumb questions. It was nice to meet you.

--Matt

Travis said...

Matt,
The only dumb question is the one not asked. It was nice meeting you and attempting to show you a few different things to assist you on your fly tying journey.


19" Clinch River Brown