Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New Pattern of the Month

In anticipation of my upcoming trip to Edisto Island, I have been tying up some low country flies. One can be seen at left in the fly of the month category. It is the Copperhead, which I have on good faith is an absolute killer on redfish and speckled trout. We will see I guess. I am also looking forward to trying it out on the smallies on the Holston river. With a little tweaking, it would make a decent crawfish pattern.

We are planning on doing a guided trip for some meat fish like whiting, speckled trout, etc. However, the guide has said that if we want to break off early and try for some redfish, tarpon, or shark on the fly he is game for that. Now that sounds like an exciting time....

Check back in a few weeks for some pics from that trip. Until then, I will be hitting up the local waters for some trout, smallies, and maybe a carp or two.

Tight Lines and God Bless

No comments:


19" Clinch River Brown