Sunday, April 5, 2009

Product Review: Fishpond Dragonfly

Recently, I mentioned my purchase of a Fishpond Dragonfly Chest/Waist pack from Little River Outfitters. I got to try it out for the first time this past weekend on the Holston. I have to say I am very pleased with it.

When I made the purchase, I was torn between the Arroyo and the Dragonfly. The Arroyo was very comfortable and an attractive pack, but the Dragonfly was larger and had space for a water bottle. I believe I made the correct choice.

The Dragonfly has an extremely comfortable compression belt with wide side bolsters. This allows for more area to carry the weight of the pack, and greatly reduces the wear on the hips. It also comes with a handy removable neck strap that converts the Dragonfly from a lumbar pack to a chest pack. The pack is large enough to carry two C&F fly boxes, granola bars, water bottle, camera, 8 spools of tippet, plenty of leader packs, and all the other accessories clipped on the front. It has very handy tabs for retractors to connect to, however they are made primarily for the Fishpond swivel retractor.

In summary, I am very pleased with my purchase. It is a very nice compromise between the Arroyo and the Waterdance, and I expect my vest to collect a lot of dust.

No comments:


19" Clinch River Brown